cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Canon MF4150 - Error E225

bradsetzer
Apprentice

Hi all, 

I've recently run into an issue with an older printer I've been using almost daily for around 16 years.  As some might know, Hurricane Helene is moving through the eastern US.  I am in NC and the hurricane just passed us this morning.  Last night, in anticipation of the high winds and rain (and possible power outages), I unplugged my computer equipment including the MF4150 printer.  I unplugged it from the wall so no power could reach it in the event of a power surge. 

So, the storm has now passed and I go to plug everything in and the printer is giving me an error code E225.  I used the printer just last night and it was working just fine so it's an odd coincidence for it to have issues suddenly.  What's even more odd is that when I plug the printer into a specific wall outlet, it seems to function like normal.  I've tried 6 other outlets in the home and it will still give an error E225 when plugged into those but when plugged into this 1 outlet, it works fine.  I'm currently using my computer plugged into the normal outlet I have always used but for some reason the printer will not function properly when plugged into that outlet anymore.  It's very odd as the computer I use for business I also use for gaming sometimes which will use upwards of 600 watts of power.  I don't think every outlet in my home except for the 1 is defective due to the power flickering due to the storm but I'm not sure what it could be.  

Could this just be some fluke or aftereffect of the storm?  I've read that electrical current can be unstable after a storm so perhaps that is why the printer is having issues (no stable electrical current)?  I'm currently able to use the printer fine with a extension cord ran from the printer's usual spot to the 1 wall outlet that works for the printer.  This is all so strange lol..

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements