cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ipf765 problem

Andywells001
Apprentice

Hello I am new to this forum I hope I can get some help. Recently I went on eBay and placed a bid on an ipf765 and realize that it is broken. I have not heard back from the seller yet to find out exactly what the errors are but what he says the problem is:

it currently is not working properly. It prints color tests and nozzle checks in service mode, albeit with some streaking and gaps in the nozzles. When trying to start the printer in normal mode, it will repeatedly try to purge and repump ink to the print heads which is wasting a lot of ink.

I just sold my HP T730 and never had a problem with it but I really wanted a cannon for many reasons. Can somebody fill me in on what this could be or if it is a serious problem or something that I could fix myself. I did call the Canon service center which was not much help because they told me to call back once I get the error codes. I'm hoping I could just clean the printheads or something maybe somebody knows more than I do.

Thank you for any help!

Andy

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi Andy,

We'd like to try and help, but like Canon, we can't provide anything specific without more information about your problem or specific error.

There are any number of possible causes.  Clogged printhead, old ink, non OEM ink, problems with ink carriage, unknown or hidden damage.  Try cleaning the printhead, sure, nothing to lose there (except ink).  The behavior your describe can be the pitfalls of buying something used.  I hope it has a return policy. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements