cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing new driver on the server causes old printers to stop functioning on client computers

douterlw
Contributor

Very often (or always) installing a new driver (other version than previous devices) on the Print Server, causes the previous devices from stop functioning on client computers. These previous drivers need to be reinstalled.

Two examples: - A customer has some LBP6650 devices and/or some iR ADVANCE C5035, using PCL 5 v20.40 driver.

He buys a LBP6860 and/or a IR ADVANCE C5255. These devices are not supported by v20.40

I install v21.05 for these devices, this causes that the drivers for the older devices need to be reinstalled on the client computers. Even after upgrading on the server the older devices to v21.05, drivers need to be reinstalled on client computers.

- I install (trying to avoid the previous problem) a new device using Canon Generic PCL v2.0 driver. Again the same problem. 

Is there a way to avoid this problem? Do I need to instruct the customer's IT department about some policy settings to avoid this? Which policy settings?

2 REPLIES 2

douterlw
Contributor

Problem solved, I'll post it here by request.

Please post

Announcements