cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inktanks immediately drained on Maxify MP 2320

craigket
Apprentice

Yesterday, I replaced all of the colored inktanks on my MP 2320 and have printed nothing in color since. Today, when trying to print a color copy, all of the colored tanks are reading low, and the Magenta tank is completely empty. Keep in mind, I have printed nothing in color (and only a few pages in B&W since replacement). I've been a loyal Canon customer for decades and only use Canon inks. I'm unable to contact anyone in support of the issue. I don't want to spend the money to replace the tanks filled with what seems as costly as liquid gold only to have the ink literally evaporate overnight. What other printer brands should I consider?

2 REPLIES 2

dexman335
Rising Star

For clarification purposes: brand new Canon-branded color ink tanks were installed in the printer, not used, and found to be dried out a few days later? 🤔

Was the ink purchased directly from Canon or from an independent vendor?

If from an online vendor, contact their customer service. If it was purchased directly from Canon, keep trying to reach their customer support group.

I, myself, switched from ink jet printers to Canon laser printers (toner) a long time ago and have never looked back. 

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Criagket,

In this situation, it looks like there is something wrong with the hardware or there could be an issue with the way the ink is loaded. We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. What error codes do you get for the replacement tanks?
  2. What is the model number of the new Canon tanks loaded in the printer?
  3. When you try to contact support at 1-800-652-2666, what problems do you run into?
  4. Are you able to contact support via chat from our CanonUSA site or your MYCanon account or do you run into any problems?
Announcements