cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indentations on the side of the paper after printing

Ante11
Apprentice

Hi,

I'm having a problem with Canon 1435iF. For the past 2 days, every printed page has indentations all along one side. It's the right side of the page when you're reading the document.

Has anyone experienced this before?? I'd be very grateful for any kind of idea!

Btw, I replaced toner yesterday (this started happening 2 days ago). Many thanks!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tylercaine89
Contributor

i would recommend stopping the paper while it is in the printing process by opening the door on the side. You will want to try and hit 3 places in the machine, being right out of the paper feed unit, the second is half way up, around the blue drum roller, and third being just outside of the heating part, or fuser unit. this will tell you what area to look at. Once you have identified where the issue is happening you can look for anything odd, such as rollers out of place, or springs missing. Also i would pull the drum unit out and re insert it. You can also do this with the fuser, but turn the machine off first.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, Ante11!

Thanks for posting! While our forum community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products. Instead, your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer and you're in the United States, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers in your area.

If you're outside the USA, visit http://global.canon and choose your country or region from the map for local support.

We hope this helps!

tylercaine89
Contributor

i would recommend stopping the paper while it is in the printing process by opening the door on the side. You will want to try and hit 3 places in the machine, being right out of the paper feed unit, the second is half way up, around the blue drum roller, and third being just outside of the heating part, or fuser unit. this will tell you what area to look at. Once you have identified where the issue is happening you can look for anything odd, such as rollers out of place, or springs missing. Also i would pull the drum unit out and re insert it. You can also do this with the fuser, but turn the machine off first.

I followed your recomendation - the problem was the fuser unit. One of the rollers inside the unit was damaged on one end.

Many thanks, tylercaine89, excellent suggestion!!

Announcements