cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imageclass mf4350D - Printer Prefence window does not show

kirkj48
Apprentice

This printer has worked wonderfully for years but since MicroSoft last update of my Windows 10, it's not working right.

The first issue was my scanner no longer worked. I found a patch for that so now the scanner option is OK. However, for some reason now I can't view printer preferences. This causes there to be a conflict with paper sizes and everything I print  will print once OK and then the printer will beep and show "use current size".

When I try to open up printer preferences, the window opens and close in seconds.

I have removed device, updated drivers, reinstalled printer and rebooted dozens of times but still can see printer preferences - printer propeties option is working fine ... any ideas?

Thanks

John

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings John,

The patch does help (repair) scanning after a major feature update, but it soulds like you have another issue.  Preferences dialog closing unexpectedly.

I assume you have the printer connected directly to a USB port on your Windows 10 computer?

There are 3 sets of tools / drivers avaialble for W10

v270 - scangear

v270 scanner patch (optional)

v4.9.1.1mf18 toolbox

All are avaialble here:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-laser-printers-im...

This is what I suggest.

Remove the printer from Control Panel > Devices and Printers

Uninstall all Canon drivers and utilities from  Control Panel > Programs and Features

Disconnect the printer from the computer (USB)

Restart the machine

If you have the experience to remove the existing USB port created when you installed the printer, you can do that.  If you don't know what I'm referring to, you can skip this.  I don't have a USB printer installed to show you, but this is where it would appear. (USB: Canon MF450D)  Checkbox and delete port.  Note: The OneNote dialog in the picture is an example 

If you want to see the steps, I have them documented here:

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Office-Printers/LBP612Cdw-driver-problems/m-p/294991#M10383

ports.png

Restart your computer. 

Run the v270 set up and reinstall the printer, do not connect it until told to do so.  Test scanning.  If needed, install the scanner patch and restart.  Re-test scanning.

Now test opening "printer preferences".  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Rick

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my printer issue.

I follwed your instructions with no issue except the USB portion. I attempted to follow your link but my settings were not the same as your example.  I made sure that USB001 was not connedted to any printer before I re-installed the printer.

Now the printer works but after the 1st page, the printer beeps and I get a message on the printer itself - "use current paper size" - yes or no. The scanning feature of the printer works fine.

When I click on "printing Preferences I get two choices - Canon MF4320-4350 (FAX) - which works OK and will open up a preference window but the Canon MF4320-4350 option will only open a window for a split second.

I am using USB001 and the driver is MF4320-4350 2.70.0.0 (2009-11-05). I think I got this driver when I checked windows for the most up to date driver - am I using the right driver?

Is there a way to make the printer use the correct paper size. I have changed the printer to letter, legal and A4 but I still get this error. However, I do a lot ot two sided printing so I would like this prefernce window to work.

Are there other compatable drivers for the Canon MF4320-4350?

Thanks again for your time and effort.

John

Announcements