cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imageclass MF4270 cannot download drivers

Wendyholl23
Apprentice

Hi, I own the above printer. I have a new laptop and it has no DVD/CD compartment so I cannot install the drivers for my printer on my new laptop. I went to canon and found the download and downloaded what I needed but it shows it in my download file but does not show up under drivers in the control panel. I'm stuck. Is it because it is too old and I just need to get a new wifi one? It works great. But my old laptop is fading fast. Thanks in advance anyone who can help. 

2 REPLIES 2

Darius
Whiz

Hi Wendyholl23.

If the drivers are available on our site for your operating system, then the printer is compatible.  Check that security software or system settings are not preventing the installation of the driver through running the EXE file for the driver installation.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi, I can turn off the security software, I presume you mean virus protection and firewall? What system settings in particular would I need to turn off? Thanks.

Announcements