Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Imageclass D530 fails after Windows 10 1803 update (Spring Creators Update)

The D530 has worked perfectly (Windows 10 version 1709) until the latest Windows Update/Upgrade going through now (1803 - Spring creators edition that has not yet hit most computers).  Windows can see the D530 (USB connected) but cannot print.  Downloaded driver for printing direct from Canon website for 64-bit Windows 10 also fails.

What are the options besides junking all the Canon printers and moving on?

Product Expert

Re: Imageclass D530 fails after Windows 10 1803 update (Spring Creators Update)

[ Edited ]

Hi Diggs 

In order to properly assist you, please let us know if you installed the unit using the original install CD or did you download the latest drivers for the imageCLASS D530 from Canon's website at www.usa.canon.com?  If you installed using the CD its recommended you uninstall and then download and install the latest online drivers for the imageCLASS D530.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

The original CD drivers were for a 32-bit system and would not run.

The downloaded 64-bit drivers did nothing.  The install program ran but nothing happened.  (Tried 3 times with 3 seperate downloads).  The same downloaded driver install program works fine on 1709 version Win10.

Product Expert

Hi Diggs 

Based on what was already recommended and what you describe, It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

My customer was upset and junked his Imageclass printer and bought an HP.  He seems happy now which is my goal. I doubt he will ever buy a Canon again although I explained to him the problem here is Microsoft.