cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imageclass D420 printer saying "Filter failed" when I try to print pdf

chanhpark
Apprentice

My operating system: macOS Mojave 10.14.2. My printer is Canon imageclass D420. I never had this issue for the last couple years I've owned this printer. All of a sudden I get a "filter failed" message when I try to print pdf document. So far I've tried going into 'Printers & Scanners' and "resetting printer system" and uninstalling and reinstalling the printer driver. The problem message only appears when I try to print pdf. No issue with printing word doc.

Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

Patrice
Whiz

Hi chanhpark.

Since the issue seems isolated to PDF files, it is possible that the issue is in the program that you are using to view the file. So that we can best assist you, which program are you using to view and print the files? Also, if you try another PDF program, do you experience the same issue?

I look forward to your reply. If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Patrice, Thank you for your reply. I have been using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC to view and print. As you suggested, I opened a pdf file with the "Preview" application on my Macbook and was able to print. The Adobe reader was most current version. I re-installed it but still gives me the same "Filter failed" message. What should I do? I can print pdf using Preview in the meantime but I'd like to be able to print using Adobe eventually for convenience purposes. Thank you in advance.

Thank you for your response.

Since you are able to print the PDF file using Preview, it is possible that there is something within the Adobe software that is causing this issue. We will have to recommend that you contact the support group for Adobe for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements