cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageRUNNER ADVANCE C256 III printer has streaks

iancook1701
Contributor

Hello all,

I support an ImageRUNNER ADVANCE C256 III printer that has streaks on the left side of the page. I've done the following as troubleshooting.

1. Replaced the toner cartridges and the fixing assembly. We only use OEM parts and not refurbished.

2. Ran maintenance and cleaning, which cleans up the lines for a while but after some use, they show back up. The issue does appear to go away if you print a large job, but comes back after a while. 

Below is a screenshot of what a print out looks like. What might be causing this type of issue and what can be done to resolve it?

Thanks in advance.

Printer.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I did replace the transfer belt, and it fixed the issue. No thanks to this forum. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Hi, iancook1701!

Thanks for posting! While our forum community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products. Instead, your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer and you're in the United States, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers in your area.

If you're outside the USA, visit http://global.canon and choose your country or region from the map for local support.

We hope this helps!

Thanks.

I'd also like to add that the Toner Cartridges have been changed several times since the issue started.

Could the issue be tied to the Transfer belt? 

All of the drums were replaced in February of 2021 as well. 

Here is a better view of the issue. PrintNewLines.jpg

I did replace the transfer belt, and it fixed the issue. No thanks to this forum. 

Announcements