cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageClass mf247 wirelessly prints but won't scan

nickgutierrez83
Apprentice

I've installed all available drivers from the Canon website, but when I try to scan a document, it tells me that my computer is not able to connect to the scanner.  I can print documents from the same computer, and the computer and printer are both connected to the same wireless network.  Here is a screenshot of the error message I get after clicking on the document button in the MF Scan Utility:

printer scanner error.png

If I try to scan from the printer instead, it just gives me an error message. Has anybody else had this problem?  How did you fix it?

1 REPLY 1

Darius
Whiz

Hi nickgutierrez83.

The Canon Community Forum is not for immediate assistance. If this is a time-sensitive matter, you may click HERE to search our knowledge base, or contact our support at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) Monday-Friday from 10:00 am to 6:30 pm ET, excluding holidays.

Double-check that the printer is allowed to communicate back to the computer using its PING Command. Refer to the computer's support for information on finding its IP address for the network.

If the printer is unable to ping the computer, then the router is only allowing information one way, from computer to printer, and not allowing information back.  If PING works, then whatever problem is causing the disconnect is found on the computer; check that the security software on the comptuer is up-to-date, and that it is not preventing the MF Scan Utility and the printer from communicating.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements