cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplex printing choice greyed out on MF644 connected via LAN to iMac running Catalina

Schmen
Apprentice

I just attached a brand new MF644 connected via ethernet to my iMac running the latest software (Catalina). When I go to print a 2-sided document, there is no 2-sided option in the "Default" printing preset. When I go to the "Layout" menu the 2-sided option is greyed out. When I look at the print presets, 2-sided prining is turned off and I see no way to change that setting. However, when I go to the "Finishing" option menu on the Print dialog Box, 2-sided printing is an option and it works. So what's going on and how do I get the 2-sided option into the standard print dialog box. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Darius
Whiz

Hello Schmen.

To what size of paper are you printing?  Some sizes do not support automatic duplex printing [reference].

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I'm not sure I saw an answer in there, just more questions. I have the same issue. Double sided printing works from my mac running El Capitan (10.11) but not from another mac running High Sierra. I have all the latest drivers.  

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements