cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageClass MFG743 printer/scanner - SCANNER Not Scanning

tcoulter
Apprentice

Hi all,

I have the 743 model, just updated to a new router so I unitnstalled the old drivers and reinstalled new ones to reconnect my printer/scanner.  I have a iMac Big Sur 2017.  When I download the drivers it tells me is detects Catalina (which is what I think is the new software after updates to the computer where made).  So now here we are I finally get the printer to work but still no scanner.  I've tried calling c/s for days, no luck, youtubed every possible scenario, no luck looked through troubleshooing, no luck.  Soooo I pray someone here can help me.  Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Tcoulter,

If you have updated your Mac to Catalina, you would need to reinstall the Scanner Driver & Utilities for Macintosh V2.15.8 [OS X 10.11.6 - macOS 11.5.2] from our Canon USA support site using the link provided HERE. 

We would be happy to assist further with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. Are you using a MF743Cdw?
  2. What is the specific version of your Mac OS? To find your version of the Mac OS click on the apple in the upper left hand corner of the screen and then click on about this Mac.
  3. When you try to scan, do you get an error or what happens? If you do get an error, please include the full error message.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements