cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageClass MF733Cdw won't print from computer - Windows 10

drycreekc
Apprentice

Good morning, 

I have the above all in one, and it has quit printing anything in the print queue. I can copy and fax from it just fine. I attempted a test page, and it does not print. 

It has done this before, and shutting it down, as well as the computer allowed whatever to reset, and the printer would function as expected. This time, that did not work. Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

SamanthaW

Hi!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the operating system on your computer, along with any other information that may be helpful for the Community to assist.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, please check out your other support options here.

Thanks! 

drycreekc
Apprentice

I am on Windows 10

Hello Drycreekc,

If you are not getting any errors and the jobs sit in the print queue, it could be caused by a poor connection or a problem with the print queue. In this situation, you can try removing any copies of the printer from control panel and restarting the print spooler service. Once it has been restarted, you can try reconnecting the printer.

1. You can press the Windows key and the letter R key at the same time on your keyboard. In the run box that appears, you can type in control printers and click OK.
  2. In the window that appear, you can right click and select remove device for any connections for the MF733.
  3. You can press the Windows key and the letter R key at the same time on your keyboard. In the run box that appears, you can type in services.msc and click OK.
  4. In the list of services, you can highlight the print spooler service and click restart at the top of the window.
  5. If connecting via USB, you can disconnect and reconnect the USB cable to see if the printer adds itself back to the printer list. If connecting over a network, you can try reinstalling the MF730 series MF drivers from our support site and selecting the network option during the installation.

If you are still unable to print or if the setup is unable to detect the printer, you can try another USB cable or port. If connecting over a network, you can try unplugging the router from the power for 5 seconds or reconnecting the printer to the network.

Announcements