cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageClass MF642Cdw Scanner ... not sending scans by email

sfrsfdc
Apprentice

Hi All

I bought Canon ImageClass MF642Cdw 5 months back.

I setup the scan to email functionality and it was working perfect till last month.

It has not been working for a month now and everytime I scan a job to be sent out as email, it prints the TX Result Report wih an error.

Please advise how I can solve this issue.

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

"Please advise how I can solve this issue?"

Start by telling us what email provider you are using.

Provide your SMTP, port and authenticaton settings

Provide the actual error message in the TX Results report. Including any troubleshooting steps you have performed. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Sfrsfdc,

To help with the issue, we would need some additional information. If you can reply to this message with the information below, we can assist further. For a more immediate response, feel free to contact support at 1-800-652-2666, our agents would be happy to assist.

1. What error code number appears with the TX report?
  2. What email provider do you have?

No error code. it just says "error".  Using yahoo mail

Hello Bafinegan.

If the error report does not give you any error code information, I would suggest logging into the remote UI and entering the yahoo email server information again. You can use the steps in the link HERE to enter the email server information.

If you continue to have issues, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to go over the connection/settings to see what might be causing the issue.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements