cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageClass MF4890dw will not print for one computer (but it will scan)

sirthomas
Apprentice

This is setup in wireless mode for both laptops

I have two laptops. 

Laptop A can print, scan just fine

Laptop B can scan so I know it's communicating with the printer, but when giong to print the printer wakes up as it it's going to print, sounds like it searches for paper. Then stops. Only error is "Job Failed" within the windows print queue. 

Thanks in advance.

Tom

3 REPLIES 3

Tiffany

Hi Sirthomas!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what Computer Operating System you're using. (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x) 

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks!

(sorry)

Working computer: Windows 8.1

Non Functional: Windows 7 home SP1

Hi sirthomas.

I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers.  Please clear any jobs that are listed in the print queue, and then follow the instructions below to uninstall the drivers:

1.  Click [START] on the Windows task bar, select [(All) Programs].

2.  Select 'Canon', 'MF4800 series', then select 'Uninstall'.  The MF Drivers Uninstaller window opens.

a.  Select 'Delete'.

b.  Click 'Yes' to confirm the uninstallation.

c.  Click 'Exit' (or Restart).

3.  Restart your computer.

After the computer restarts, please reinstall the drivers and print a document. 

If the error persists, I recommend that you contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
click here to view the gallery
Announcements