cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageClass MF4350d. Printer works well, but scanner does not.

Don326
Apprentice

Canon Toolbox 4.9 cannot connect it. Every time, I followed instructions and re-installed driver and toolbox (in the process, I have to restart my computer two times), it works for a while. But when I restart my computer one more time, no connection again, and I need to uninstall and install all the driver and toolbox4.9 again to make it work temperarily.

I am using windows 10.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Don326
Apprentice

This simple fix I found online worked for me:

Start> in the run box type. Services.msc

Scroll down to Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)

Right click, select Properties

Check that Startup type is set to Automatic

Click Log On Tab

Check that Local System account , and Allow service to interact with desktop is checked. Hit apply.

Click Recovery...Click on window next to First Failure, Scroll to Restart the Service. Hit apply.

This got MF Toolbox to work and stay working even after a reboot. Only issue is Windows Fax Scan no longer works, but I can use MF Toolbox.

Hope it helps!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Don326
Apprentice

This simple fix I found online worked for me:

Start> in the run box type. Services.msc

Scroll down to Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)

Right click, select Properties

Check that Startup type is set to Automatic

Click Log On Tab

Check that Local System account , and Allow service to interact with desktop is checked. Hit apply.

Click Recovery...Click on window next to First Failure, Scroll to Restart the Service. Hit apply.

This got MF Toolbox to work and stay working even after a reboot. Only issue is Windows Fax Scan no longer works, but I can use MF Toolbox.

Hope it helps!

click here to view the gallery
Announcements