cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageClass 743 - Selecting Paper size every time printing

azlife4me
Contributor

Every time I want to print from a computer, I have to walk over to the printer and select paper size and then it starts to print. The paper tray is loaded with letter-size paper. The multi-purpose source is set for letter-size and is empty and closed. I have even set "Copy" to letter size. Everything is set for letter size. The printer will not print without going over to it and selecting letter size paper. I must be missing a setting somewhere. I am trying to print from the main paper tray, which it does after I select paper-size. Thanks for any help.

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Hopefully this will help.

<Menu>  <Function Settings>  <Printer>  <Printer Settings>  <Default Paper>  Select the paper size  Select the paper type  

paper size.png

Here's your online manual

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you for your suggestion. I followed them and it did not change a thing. I still have to go to the printer to select paper type after trying to print from the computer. Thanks again.

Greetings,

Then it sounds like you may have unintentionally changed the default paper selection or size to something other than or whats loaded in Tray1?  Look at the printer preferences (Driver) on the computer.

Here's an example

example.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi azlife4me.

In addition to Shadowsports' recommendation, I also recommend checking the printer's driver to see whether the Output Method is set to Secure Print.

SecurePrint

Secure Print will require you to manually enter a pin and possibly check settings when printing.  If it is set to Secure Print (or another Output Method that requires attention), try changing it to "Print."

Thank you.

Announcements