Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

ImageCLASS MF4770n

My ImageCLASS MF4770n puts a vertical black line down the right side of my papers when i make coppies or try to scan something in. is there a way to get the line off?

New Contributor

Re: ImageCLASS MF4770n

you need to lift the top lid and look for the left side of the glass, clean the clear plastic strip, glass strip underneath and make sure there is no dust no dot no color mark, no whiteout mark. It is the place where paper pass thru.
New Contributor

I have already tried that and it didn't work
New Contributor

I have black streaks when I use the automatic document feeder when I scan a document. There are no streaks when I copy a document. or when I use the plate glass to scan a document. It only happens when I use the feeder. Do you know what I can do to fix this?  

New Contributor

I just tried it and it still does not work. I cleaned the whole glass along with the clear plastic strip on the left side. I cleaned the top and the bottom of the clear strip. Is there something else since it only appears when I use the feeder?

New Contributor

Thank you. I just removed the plastic strip and cleaned underneath it and placed it back. Problem solved!!! Thank you so much for your help!!!!