cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Class drivers for Yosemite (10.10)

dickeyjs
Apprentice

I upgraded my MacBook to Yosemite and now all my Canon printers are non funcitonal. I called tech suypport and they said "sorry there are no drivers for Yosemite and there is no timeline for when they will become available". WTF!!! When will drivers be available?? I am running a business and cannot print!!

8 REPLIES 8

liquidcable
Apprentice

Me too

egearey
Apprentice

Ditto.

dickeyjs
Apprentice

To Canon Admins and Engineers,

Here is the response I got from a small one man company in Austria when I asked him about a 10.10 compatible version of his mail utility app:

"Thank you for your interest in Letter Opener Pro for Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite. I'm happy to announce Letter Opener Pro Version 7, just one day after the official release of Yosemite. Yosemite required a complete rewrite of the Plug-in."

If a one man operation can bang out a 10.10 compatible version of his code in one day, why can't Canon?

Scott

ulyssesric
Apprentice

@dickeyjs wrote:

I upgraded my MacBook to Yosemite and now all my Canon printers are non funcitonal. I called tech suypport and they said "sorry there are no drivers for Yosemite and there is no timeline for when they will become available". WTF!!! When will drivers be available?? I am running a business and cannot print!!

Generally it would take about one month before Canon finally rolls out updates. However, you may try installing the older version (latest version: Mac UFR II Ver 1050).

The installer may stop and claim that it's not compatible with OS 10.10, but you can fool it by hacking the system version strings manually. Detailed instruction is here:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=20041616&postcount=444

Good luck!

Wow, a month.  Well that will be it for me on anything Canon.  I ebay it and getting something more supported.

Exactly. The beta version of Yosemite has been available to developers (like Canon) for months. 

Yosemite compatible drivers for the MF8300 are now available for download on the Canon site. They are still missing drivers for some of their other printers like the LPB 6230 but at least they seem to be coming.

I don't usually post on these forums but want to add that I also have found out my 2012 mac mini is not supported to have drivers and so cannot use this printer even though I only purchased it a few months ago. Very very poor. It's neglectful to leave a bunch of users hanging. Wish the Canon corporation would step up. Great printer otherwise. Should have advertised this to all 10.10 mac users that it isn't compatible. 

Announcements