Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Image Class LBP612CDW Sleep Mode

Is there anyway to turn off the sleep mode in this printer? I mostly use it for Air Printing and when it is in sleep mode my devices can't find it.

When i first got it, the Energy saver light flashed and it would wake up, but now the light stays steady and it does not wake up to print unless I phusically go to the printer and press the Energy Saver button.

New Contributor

Re: Image Class LBP612CDW Sleep Mode

You need to figure out the IP address of the printer.  It'll look something like: 192.168.1.xxx, where the xxx is some 1-3 digit number.  If you know how to get it, you can type that number into a web browser and access the web server of the printer.  When you get to the login page, just log in.  By default a username and password is not needed.

Then click "Settings/Registration" at the far right of the page.

Next click "Timer Settings" in the left menu.

Then click "Edit" on the far right.

You shoud see the options for changing the sleep settings there.

Product Expert

Hi Basilrene.

Though there is no way to completely disable the energy saver mode, you can also set the machine to enter the Energy Saver Mode at a specific time. Please follow the steps at the link below:

Entering Sleep Mode

If you have any other questions, or require further assistance, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

Thanks! I tried that setting of turning on energy saver mode @ 1:00 am and off @ 10:00 am but didn’t seem to work. With give 24 hours to cycle through and see if the new setting take.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks!!