cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I get a paper jam message when trying to copy

judithellen
Apprentice

I have an image class MF269dw printer and am using windows 10 which I just set up. I am able to print but when I attempt to copy, I get a paper jam message. I do not get this when printing.

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Judithhellen,

This will usually point to a hardware issue with the printer. In this situation, I would suggest using the steps in the link HERE to check the printer for any jammed/torn paper. We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance. You can also contact our support team at 1-800-652-2666, Our agents would be happy to assist.

1. Does the paper feed through the printer when you get the error?
  2. Are you loading the paper into the paper cassette or is it the multi purpose tray?
  3. What size and type of paper are you printing on?
  4. Does the paper jam in the printer? If so, where do you have to remove the jammed paper from?

I have followed all the steps and found no paper. The paper feeds fine when printing from the computer. I only get the paper jam message when I try to copy or scan

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements