cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to save Canon MF8500C changed default settings?

hotelforyou
Apprentice

I can not figure out how to save Default Settings for printing with our Canon MF8500C printer. 

It is easy to make the changes. in Printing Preferences , the Default Settings profile, but these changes never save and with every change of the printing profile the default setting return to the initial ones.

When the Default Settings are changed from the initial ones, the Profile name shows <Change> Default Settings (with a pen icon in front).

1 REPLY 1

alandc
Apprentice

I found this worked for my drivers on a Canon iR-ADV C2220/2230 UFR II...

Open Control Panel / Devices & Printers and select your printer (right clikc) and edit "Printing Preferences"

Under basic settings (first tab) the profile is "Default Settings" where we can select a different profile say.. "1 Sided"

However if we close and exit it will revert back to default.  So at this point click the "Edit (2)" button to the right.

On this menu there is a profile list on the left and towards the middle there are up/down buttons to reorder the profiles.

I moved "1 Sided" to the top.  I moved "Default Settings" to the bottom.  This worked to fix the default to one sided printing for all my applications from internet browsers to microsoft office with only one exception where i then had to call the vendor for support.

1-sided.png

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements