cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I manually install the Canon MFNP port installed so I can print and scan with my MF8330 Cdn

sixtenso
Apprentice

How can I manually install the Canon MFNP port installed so I can print and scan with my MF8330 Cdn? Now I can only install standard ip port for the the device and I can only print not scan with the multifunktion printer. I hav the latest drivers from Canon version2005 b for Windows 7 64 bit Professional system.

I hav e tried with unistalling all frivers and also cleaned the registry but I can not get the right port installed for the Canon MF8330 Cdn device

2 REPLIES 2

moghanta
Apprentice

I cannot believe no one replied to you.   I am having the same problem.  I can print but not scan thru the MFNP feature. I'm not sure how/why it is working for printing.   I setup the print driver on all my client laptops to my wifi router/access-point such that its SNMP-enabled on channel 1.  The MNFP port said 161 on the printer when it was working.  Not sure these two protocols are the same... SNMP and MNFP.  I think the latter is Canon's own protocol...not sure how to get it to work with my network. I have a Netgear RV6300 access point connected via wired ethernet to the cable modem which is by Arris (one of those all-in one routers/switch/WAP -- but I'm using the Netgear as my WAP for my WLAN, although the printer gets a DHCP assigned IP on the main router - 10.0.0.9)  At one point I had it set up as static IP 10.0.0.200.  Maybe I will switch back to that...don't know if it will fix scanning though.

Hi moghanta.

The i-SENSYS MF8330Cdn is not supported by Canon USA.  Please verify the model number of your machine by looking at the control panel of the printer, and then reply back to this forum with that information. 

If the model is the MF8330Cdn, you will need to contact Canon Europe  for further assistance.

I look forward to your reply.  If you need immediate assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements