cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!

MichaelN
Apprentice

I'm not sure Office Printers is the correct forum - at any rate, I just bought the Canon LBP 632Cdw during Amazon Prime Day. I'm a longtime HP use but wanted a modestly priced laser printer. But compared to the HP system, I'm completely lost.

I've set up the printer wirelessly with no problems. Here's my questions:

-As much as I sometimes hated the HP printer, it had the HP Smart Tool that organized printing and scanning. I've been looking for something similar for the Canon but don't see anything. Is there a Print Manager or tool that works with this printer?

-I believe I can scan with this printer but for the life of me, I can't figure it out. Again, it was easy with the HP and the Smart HP app but since I can't find a similar tool, I am lost. The User Guide doesn't appear to have any info on scanning so as noted - I'm lost.

I've downloaded drivers and manuals I think - although the enclosed disc is woefully out of date. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could not only help with my questions but perhaps direct me to a tool that will help with printing and scanning. I don't want to return the printer but if I can't scan documents easily, it may have to go.

Thanks very much in advance!

Michael

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome. 

Register your product and contact Canon support. 

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/color-imageclass-mf8380cdw

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Thanks for replying John. I have registered the printer but your link is for a different one.

Lived in Massachusetts for years and visited Conway/North Conway often and the Seacoast.

Best

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Sorry. 
https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/color-imageclass-lbp632cdw

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

@MichealN,

You are aware that the LBP632Cdw is a printer (only).  It not a scanner.  

Canon has a Print App too. Its called Canon Print Business.  Its available for iOS and Android

You can use it to print, you can also take a photo with your phone and print that, but this model printer does not have scanning ability. 

shadowsports_1-1722899048116.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements