Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Canon MF8580Cdw

sillygumpee
Apprentice

*** Updated Notes below****

I have a Canon MF8580Cdw printer in my office that prints with to much "red"

The printer will print what I tell it too but the color calibration is off. Oranges Print Red. Colors seem soft, Browns print red. basically everything is overexposed in red. 

When I COPY an image with multi colors on it, it will copy just fine with no problems. It is only when I print from the computer. 

Here is what I have done.

1. Called Canon support. Walked me through what I have already done and said they didnt know how to resolve the issue.

2. Full Auto Adjust Gradation x2 times

3. Correct Print color Mismatch x2 times

4. removed all drivers and printer from computer, restarted computer with printer not attached. (Printer is attached via USB to my computer), downloaded new drivers, restarted computer, plugged printer in and allowed it to say device is ready and set as defualt device.

5. Changed out all of the toner cartradiges and put new ones in.

6. banged my head against my desk.

It is important that colors are correct when I print. I have sent prints to other printers in my office and they print just fine. This is the only printer I have an issue with. 

Computer specs:  

Dell Optiplex 780

4.00 GB Ram

Windows 7 64 bit OS running Windows Professional with SP1

Intel Core 2 quoad CPU Q9550 @2.83 GHz

Printer is plugged in via USB

Any help with this is greatly appreciated. 

*** Update*****

After performing some more troubleshooting on my end, the only time the colors print incorrectly is when I am printing an image from Windows Photo Viewer. There must be some settings within that specific program that is throwing colors off when it is going to print.

0 REPLIES 0
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements