cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Envelope margin clipping LBP236DW

Texas_Wren
Apprentice

Trying to print on #10 envelopes with LBP236DW using manual feed tray. The specifications state that the minimum margin for this printer is 5mm, but the area being clipped is 1/2" from the edge—almost 3X as large, so all the envelopes I formatted for printing with my HP Laserjet results in half of the return address being cut off. There's virtually no mention of margins in the manual.  There's nothing I can find in printer preferences for reducing (or even setting) non-printing margins.  Gutter is set to 0.0.

If I could actually have 5mm margins, that would be acceptable, but 1/2" is too much.  Where can I reduce these margins?

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Can you please show me in the manual where you're specifying 5mm margins for envelopes?

https://oip.manual.canon/USRMA-6586-zz-SSS-230-enUS/

Also what application are you printing from?  Are you using the printer driver? 

What operating system version and build are you using the printer with?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Texas_Wren
Apprentice

The USA manual lacks a great deal of information. The 5mm margin spec is from the datasheet for the European models of LBP236DW. 

https://www.canon-europe.com/business/products/office-printers/single-function/black-and-white/i-sen...

Now, while it's possible Canon hates Americans, and specifically re-wrote the drivers to clip American envelopes, I think it's more likely that most firmware and drivers were re-used with little change, and they simply converted mm to inches, points and picas.

I am using the Microsoft IPP driver, version 10.0.19041.1 from Windows 10-22H2 to port to a CUPS printer queue (CUPS Version 2.4.6) running under Gentoo 2.13, sending to the printer over TCP/IP (hard-wired connection). The print queue processor is winprint with the "RAW" default data type. Configuration driver is Canon Generic Plus UFR II version 8.0.0.0.  The application I'm printing from is Inkscape 1.3.2 (which is the same application I used to print envelopes on my Laserjet 5P before it died and I replaced it with the Canon).

Announcements