cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Envelope Printing - MF8580CDw

ScottBH
Apprentice

I am trying to print an address on an envelope from Office 2007 to a MF8580.

I've done this operation many times over the years, but on this printer I get an error light regardless of which tray I use for the envelope.

The user manual does not cover this aspect. Any help would be appreciated.

19 REPLIES 19

Patrice
Whiz

Hi ScottBH!

I understand that you are having issues printing envelopes from the imageCLASS MF8580Cdw and I will be glad to assist you. 

We recommend printing envelopes from the multipurpose tray (MP Tray).  First, you will need to make sure that the MP Tray has been turned on.  Please follow the steps below to turn on the MP Tray:

1. Press the [Select  Paper/Settings] button.
  2. Scroll down to [Paper Settings], and then press [OK].
  3. Highlight [Multi-Purpose Tray], and then press [OK].
  4. Highlight [On], and then press [OK].

Next,  follow the steps below to set the MP  Tray to print envelopes:

1. Press the [Select Paper/Settings] button.
  2. Scroll down to [Paper Settings], and then press [OK].
  3. Highlight [Multi-Purpose Tray], and then press [OK].
  4. Scroll to [Set Details], and then press [OK]. 
  5. If you are using standard No. 10 envelopes, scroll to [No. 10 (COM 10)] , and then press [OK].  If not, scroll to your envelope size, and then press [OK].
  6. The paper type will automatically list [Envelope].  Press [OK].

Next, verify that the document on the computer is set to the correct paper size.  To do so, please follow the steps below:

1. Click [File], and then click [Print].
  2. Select the option for [Properties].
  3. In the [Page Size] drop-down box, select the correct size for your envelope.
  4. Click [Apply] or [OK] at the bottom of the window.
  5. Click [Print].

I hope this information is helpful to you.  If you need further assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the input. I found the problem to be which printer driver (?) was selected made all the difference. I am referring to within Word, when going to print, the option of numerous Canon printers is given. The one that automatically is selected would not print via the Envelopes/Labels option.

I may still be doing something wrong as envelope type needs to be selected (at the printer control panel) for each and every individual envelope. This is not a high production approach! Is there a way to avoid this repeated button pushing?

Thank you.

DId you ever get any feedback/resolution???? I'm having the same problem.

I"m having a problem with the multipurpose tray in that I can't seem to print anything from it at all.  I've gone through the steps on the printer and choose multi-purpose tray in the print window and it still pulls paper from the drawer.

I'm using a Mac with OS 10.9 and am left totally scratching my head.

I noticed in the browser interface

• (getting to this from the printer job status window in settings - then press button Show Printer Webpage) 
  • AFter logging in, press "To Portal" in the top right corner
  • Then choose Settings/Registration
  • Then under Function Settings in the left menu, choose Common Settings
  • In the main window under Paper Drawer Auto Selection, the 2nd section for Printer there is no "multi-purpose tray option.

I would like to print 4 x 6 photos from this tray but I can't for the life of me get it to work...

Help?

John

Is it at all possible to print on A2 envelope?

Hi libbygene.

The imageCLASS MF8580Cdw does not support printing on an A2 paper/envelop size.  Please view the supported paper specifications below:

Supported Paper Sizes

Paper sizes that can be loaded in the paper drawer and the manual feed slot are listed below. 

A4 (8 1/4" x 11 3/4" [210.0 x 297.0 mm])*1 *2 *3
B5 (7 1/8" x 10 1/8" [182.0 x 257.0 mm])*1
A5 (5 7/8" x 8 1/4" [148.0 x 210.0 mm])
Legal (8 1/2" x 14" [215.9 x 355.6 mm])*1
Letter (8 1/2" x 11" [215.9 x 279.4 mm])*1 *2 *3
Statement (5 1/2" x 8 1/2" [139.7 x 215.9 mm])
Executive (7 1/4" x 10 1/2" [184.0 x 266.7 mm])*1
Officio (8 1/2" x 12 1/2" [215.9 x 317.5 mm])
B-officio (8 1/2" x 14" [215.9 x 355 mm])
M-officio (8 1/2" x 13 3/8" [215.9 x 341 mm])
Government - Letter (8" x 10 1/2" [203.2 x 266.7 mm])
Government - Legal (8" x 13" [203.2 x 330.2 mm])
Foolscap (8 1/2" x 13" [215.9 x 330.2 mm])*1
Envelope COM10 (4 1/8" x 9 1/2" [104.7 x 241.3 mm])
Envelope Monarch (3 7/8" x 7 1/2" [98.4 x 190.5 mm])*4
Envelope C5 (6 3/8" x 9" [162 x 229 mm])
Envelope DL (4 3/8" x 8 5/8" [110 x 220 mm])
Custom Paper Size*5

*1 Auto 2-sided printing is available.

*2 Reports and lists are printable on these paper sizes.

*3 The machine can print received fax documents on A4 or Letter size paper. If received fax documents are printed on other paper sizes, a portion of the page may not be printed or a page may be printed on two separate sheets of paper.

*4 You can load Envelope Monarch only in the manual feed slot.

*5 Custom size paper of 4" to 8 1/2" (100 to 215.9 mm) in width and 5 7/8" to 14" (148 to 355.6 mm) in length can be loaded in the paper drawer. Custom size paper of 3" to 8 1/2" (76.2 to 215.9 mm) in width and 5" to 14" (127 to 355.6 mm) in length can be loaded in the manual feed slot.

I hope this information is helpful to you.  Should you need further assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666.)

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I just purchased this printer and it will not print from the feedtray no matter what I do.  I always get an error message on the printer and the computer tells me to load paper. When I load the paper, the printer tells me to select the type of paper, size, etc, which I do but still not printing. 

Please help. 

I purchased 2 of these printers for my office. both are great printers but neither will print from the tray like yours. I've read on other websites that this is a flaw with the printer from Canon! All you can do is print from the drawer or return them for a refund.

I have followed these steps, however I am still getting an error message when I attempt to print a No. 10 envelope.  The error message reads: "Stopped - 'Filter' failed"  

Please advise.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements