cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers Needed 10.9.4 and 10.10

Anthony_1234567
Apprentice

Hello I have a iMageClass MF4570dn.

Are there any beta drivers for Yosemite 10.10 that I can get?  Is there a way to install the drivers and bypass the system version check?

I am getting the "cannot be installed on this version" message.  I am having a compatibility problem with Mavericks 10.9.4 as well.

3 REPLIES 3

Patrice
Whiz

Hi Anthony_1234567.

There are no beta drivers for Mac OS X 10.10; however I will be able to assist you with the OS X 10.9.4 issue.  I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers.  Please follow the instructions below:

1. Open [System Preferences] -> click [Printers & Scanners].

2. Select the printer you are using -> click [-] icon.

Note:

Delete all print queues set from the driver you are deleting.

3. Delete the folders and files for the driver you are deleting.

• [System Volume]/Library/Printers/Canon/UFR2
  • [System Volume]/Library/LaunchAgents/jp.co.canon.UFR2.BG.plist
  • Mac OS X 10.5 and later: 
    [System Volume]/Library/Printers/PPDs/Contents/Resources/CNTD***Z*2*.ppd.gz 
    Where *** indicates a character string that represents the printer model, and *2* indicates a character string that represents the corresponding language.

Important

If you delete a "PPD.gz" file other than that of the printer model you want to delete, the printer driver may not work correctly.

Note:

If the [Authenticate] dialog box is displayed, enter the administrators name and password -> click [OK].

4. Restart your computer and empty the Trash Bin.

Uninstallation is complete.

Next, reinstall the driver that you downloaded from the Canon USA website, and then follow the instructions below to add the printer back to the queue:

1. Open [System Preferences] -> click [Printers & Scanners].

2. Turn the printer on -> connect the printer to a computer with a USB cable.

3. Click the [+] icon.

The printer registration dialog box is displayed.

4. Click [Default] or [Default Browser].

5. Select the Canon MF4700 Series.

Note:

Select a printer that has [USB] displayed in the [Kind] or [Connection] column.

6. Select [Select Printer Software] from [Use] -> select the printer driver corresponding to the printer you are going to use from the list.

If you are using Mac OS X 10.6.x or later, select the printer driver corresponding to the printer you are going to use from the list.

7. Click [Add].

8. Confirm that the printer has been added in the [Printing] pane of the [Printers & Scanners] dialog box -> close the [Printers & Scanners] dialog box.

I hope this information is helpful to you.  Should you need further assistance, or encounter an error, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

When can expect an updated driver for Yosemite (Mac OS X 10.10)?

RFK1960NL
Apprentice

I downloaded and installed Mac_MF_Ver1030_00.dmg for OS X10.9, deleted and reinstalled my printer and my printer now works fine with OS X 10.10.

Download the first option at:

Announcements