cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double-sided scanning? - MF656Cdw

TexasKat
Contributor

I purchased a color imageCLASS MF656Cdw from Dell about a week ago. On their information page about the printer it states 1-pass, 2-sided scanning. My plan was to scan a big stack of medical papers to file, portable storage, disc, or Google drive. 

How do I do that? Nothing I've tried seems to work. I keep getting a 1 page sheet. 

Thank you,

Kat

1000008934.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hellbender
Apprentice

I have the MF656 as well and the manual was not helpful.  I expected a menu like the one in the PRINT menu for selecting double-sided, but the scan option does not have a menu like that.  Here is the answer: Insert a USB DRIVE > Place your 2-sided documents in the ADF > Press HOME > Select SCAN > Select USB MEMORY > Scroll Down to 2-SIDED ORIGINAL > Select BOOK TYPE > Press START (B&W or COLOR).  What is not obvious is that that the SCAN window SCROLLS to view additional settings and that is where the 2-sided scanning option is selected.

~Peter

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

When scanning multiple pages, the ADF is the easiest method.

The ADF will hold up to 50 pages at a time. The printer supports 1 pass duplex scanning.

Placing Originals - Canon - imageCLASS MF656Cdw / MF654Cdw / MF653Cdw / MF652Cw - User's Guide (Prod... 

Be sure to select this box

shadowsports_0-1706887671839.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you, but I do not have that app or view to make that selection. 

Hellbender
Apprentice

I have the MF656 as well and the manual was not helpful.  I expected a menu like the one in the PRINT menu for selecting double-sided, but the scan option does not have a menu like that.  Here is the answer: Insert a USB DRIVE > Place your 2-sided documents in the ADF > Press HOME > Select SCAN > Select USB MEMORY > Scroll Down to 2-SIDED ORIGINAL > Select BOOK TYPE > Press START (B&W or COLOR).  What is not obvious is that that the SCAN window SCROLLS to view additional settings and that is where the 2-sided scanning option is selected.

~Peter

Thank you, Peter. I will give that a try tomorrow.

Peter-

I, finally, had the necessity to scan a stack of 2-sided medical papers. Your method worked flawlessly.

Thank you! 

Kat

@TexasKat wrote:

Thank you, but I do not have that app or view to make that selection. 

Since you purchased the printer from Dell, I assume you have a system running windows.  If you don't have the app or view I provided above, is it possible you do not have the printer's drivers installed? 

The app looks the same on windows 10 and windows 11.  If you don't have the printer's drivers installed, you are missing out on some nice features.  

Hopefully you got the 801 error sorted as well.  I'm glad you decided to keep the printer.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements