cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color imageCLASS MF641Cw: Can't print two-sided

jms0717
Apprentice

I've had this printer for a couple of months, and I have not been able to get it to print on both sides. I am using regular letter sized paper, and have tried to change the settings, but it prints the "back" page on a new sheet, upside down. Please help! I was hoping to print something this weekend without using twice as much paper as necessary, so I can't call until tomorrow. 

Thanks, 

Jessie

22 REPLIES 22

faheyd
Apprentice

OH MY.  I just got off the phone with a very nice lady at Canon Support.  This is a single side printer. The way to know is MF641Cw.  C for color, w for wireless.  If it was duplex like my old MF244, it would have a D in the name, as in MF244Dw.  So, although I'm disappointed that I don't have two-side (duplex) printing, I'm still happy with the printer.  I'll just have to learn about how to do the 1,3,5 odd pages and then collate the 2,4,6 even pages.  Such is life. I still got a good deal on the printer.  Thanks all for the help.  Dylan

MommaJ
Apprentice

Well, thank you for taking your time to call...I have had it on my to do list (very low!).  Disappointed to hear, but will attempt the odd/even as long as I can figure out how to put the paper in right that way 😜  

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

For everyone's benefit.  Hopefully this will provide clarity.

Model designations.

Dw = duplex, wireless (monochrome)

Cw = Color, wireless

Cdw = Color, duplex, wireless

If you model doesn't have a "d" in its model #, it will not print 2 - sided duplex

This is a 4 yr old topic.  If you need help with your device, please start a new thread.  Thanks in advance.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements