cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color Imageclass MF644Cdw error when scanning using Canon Business IOS app

GoalieEd
Apprentice

Hello.  When I try to scan using the Canon Business Ios app for my Color Imageclass MF644Cdw, I get the error "Check the Remove UI settings or update the printer firmware in order to use the scan function".  I've checked for firmware updates but the printer says it is at the latest version.  Please help me in figuring out how to get this working!

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@GoalieEd wrote:

Hello.  When I try to scan using the Canon Business Ios app for my Color Imageclass MF644Cdw, I get the error "Check the Remove UI settings or update the printer firmware in order to use the scan function".  I've checked for firmware updates but the printer says it is at the latest version.  Please help me in figuring out how to get this working!

Greetings,

"Check the remote UI settings is what I think you meant.  

Your iOS and printer must both be connected to the same wireless network for the business app to work.  

Have you go through thte set up steps?

https://oip.manual.canon/USRMA-2595-zz-OP-enGB/contents/OP_CPB_0102.html?search=Check%20the%20Remote...

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

GoalieEd
Apprentice
I though they were on the same network. The phones I think are on the 5Ghz band of the apple AirPort Extreme router, while the Printer only sees the 2.4 GHz band, are those considered the same or different network?

The printer is autodetected by the iOS app via a scan, would they be detected but still not work due to the band issue?

Hi GoalieEd.

For the purpose of wireless communication, whether the 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz connections are separate networks depends on the router's settings.  By default, most such routers keep them separate to maintain faster 5 GHz speeds, treating them as separate networks.  Airport Extremes are capable of combining them; refer to Apple's support for directions on changing the wifi settings accordingly.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

GoalieEd
Apprentice
I had a personal disaster that has required me to disconnect everyone and leave my home for a week. Once I can return how and set everything up I will be trying the suggestion, as well as use an airport express to bypass the WiFi in the printer and make it use the wired connector.

GoalieEd
Apprentice
I got back to this. I have the canon decide on a wired connection, and the thing still gives me the exact same here or. Please help, this is upsetting.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements