cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color ImageClass MF644cdw: Faded prints using off label set of toners

Christa8
Apprentice

I recently changed the toner in the MF644cdw- ImageClass- Color. I did purchase an off label set of toners- I always have and had no issues printing.

The Black toner was the only of the set needing replaced-  throughout troubleshooting I have went back n forth with new color toners & the color toners that were still useable- 

Since I replaced the black toner first by itself leaving the colored toners untouched-  the printer has since been printing faded - really faded contact/ text/images including any/all color in the content I’m printing so light/ the text and images are so faded blurry- they are not noticeable at all- impossible to read/ any color is faded to such a light blurry haze of all the toner color shades/- barely there-  A slight amount of faded out color might appear on the 1st page- then all content/text and all color for any pages printing following the 1st page- are completely blank/  ReUseable-  I can put them strait bs k into the paper drawer-  

I’ve spent hours troubleshooting different things and area in the Menu- according tho the Manuel and Google search after search following instructions to the Tee-  I’m yielding ZERO results or changes- 

I just did a full Factory Reset-  It’s not printing the color Adjustment pages/ as the Manuel states/ which after printed- are placed on the glass - to scan.   The error msg I keep getting says “Cannot complete adjustment”.  Literally to EVERYTHING regardless of WTH it is-

I recently had to make a copy of my ID// The ID came out stellar/  Great color quality- Super clear - Yet I cannot see a **bleep** thing I try to print.  

Please let me know if there is any advice or suggestions on how to correct the fade to blank print problem /. 

Thank you —. Happy 4th 🎆🎇🧨

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

There's no magic bullet for this. Best advice, use Canon toners.  The printer has a 3-year warranty. Canon Support will be happy to work with you, but they'll ask that you use Canon toners to ensure reliable print quality.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements