cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon imageRunner C5540 faxing issues

Jkowalski
Apprentice

I have several offices that all got this same new MFP and I am only having issues at office B. Office B has been having an issue faxing. They were able to send faxes fine, but they could not receive them from certain numbers - mainly 800 and local numbers; however, they did receive a few long distance faxes too. None of our other offices have been able to fax to Office B since Office B received the new machine - we get reports of a busy/no signal error message. ALL offices were able to fax to Office B right up to the day the new machine was installed. We purchased a seperate, stand-alone Brother fax machine and hooked it up as a tester - we still have the same issue. I've reached out to our maintenance provider with Canon contract, our internal IT department, and our phone line provider and NO ONE can find any issue. They also can't explain why the issue is happening. All I know is, the issue started the DAY we installed the new machine at this office, so it makes me think it is an issue with Canon. To also note, all of our offices fax numbers are all through the same provider, and we are only having issues with the one office. We also use the same IT company for all offices - they've mirrored our settings to Office B's settings and it's still not working properly. 

Has anyone experienced an issue like this? Is it possible there is faulty equipment in the new Canon machine that's causing the faxing to go down intermittenly? All other features on the machine are working normally.

1 REPLY 1

Crista
Whiz

Hi Jkowalski! 

Thanks for posting! While our forum community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products. Instead, your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer and you're in the United States, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers in your area.

If you're outside the USA, visit http://global.canon and choose your country or region from the map for local support.

Thank you!

Announcements