cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-1000

BradfordWest
Apprentice

Prologue

My boss, Martha, received delivery of her imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 from Canon Direct today!

The delivery guy carried the 85# box, in his arms, from his truck, up the walk, up 6 steps to the door. A highlight in Section 1 of the Getting Started map says, "It needs two persons to carry the printer" — I wholeheartedly agree.

After setup I was very impressed, but, have questions and concerns; so I discovered th the Canon Community and was surprised that even a simple search for "PRO-1000" yielded no results for Canon's new "flagship" printer across all community forums (am I in the right place?)

So I figured I'd try to get something started here. I hope others will start their own threads about the PRO-1000 or feel free participate in this thread as the printer is just hitting the street (at least in Denver) and I'm certain plenty of others will be wandering the web for useful information, clarifications, and answers.

I also hope CANON support will follow this thread and chime in so we can make the PRO-1000 a great experience.

For now, as it's late, we just wanted get started and to say "Greetings and Salutations and will soon follow with First Impressions and First Concerns.

Cheers,

Bradford (and Martha!)

CanonPRO1000-Delivery.jpg

1 REPLY 1

paulpacey
Apprentice

Hi Bradford, 

Like you I can't find a single forum thread regarding this printer, and the 7+ Canon support agents I've personally called haven't been able to answer a single question. (Two of them asked if it was a Canon product!) All very strange considering, like you said, it's Canon's new "flagship" printer.

I've had a hell of time (read desperate!) working out the Color Management, especially since many paper manufacturers still haven't created icc profiles for the printer yet. Not to mention that the Color Management section of the user manual contains no information on actually managing colors.

I did find one guy on an Adobe forum that was able to at least shed a little light. The thread can be seen here if you're interested.

Since you've had the printer a little longer than I have, have you found any other useful sources for info out there, and how have you found your Color Management workflow?

Unless I can find other sources for answers out there, we could at least turn this thread into a self-help group!

Cheers from Prague,

Paul

Announcements