cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon imageCLASS MF731C doesn't work with Chrome OS

iampedro
Apprentice

Dear All,

Right now after Google Chrome OS 92.x I can't print any more to my Canon MF731C printer.  What do you suggest?

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Gretings,

Unfortunately when Google decided to discontinue Cloud Print Support, this affected printing capability from all manufactures.

Some devices continued to work, others didn't.  Some also worked for a while, but were eventually dropped by Google. 

It might be possible for you to connect the printer to your wireless network and then connect it as an IP printer to the chromebook.  I have to say might because google constantly changes what it does and does not support. 

More help may be available here:

Set up your printer - Google Chrome Enterprise Help

I realize the low price of a chromebook is attractive, but compatibility varies.  If you want a trouble free experience, I suggest you buy a laptop with a supported operating system.  Windows or Mac.  Googe considers Chrome OS an operating system, the rest of the world, not so much. 

While it does have some merits, its not a industry standard and thus does not receive development outside of what google may provide.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements