cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon imageCLASS MF249dw

beachdaughter
Apprentice

Hello everyone, I have my Canon printer since 2018, it has worked great. But all of a sudden when I push the button of copy, the printer makes a loud noise and wouldn't print. The noise won't stop unless I turn the printer off. If I turn it on it is quiet but as soon as I push a button the noise starts again. 

I love this printer, but does that noise means I've lost my printer and it is time for a replacement? I think I have taken good care of it, I cover it, it is clean and I never move it from its place.

I appreciate this community help!

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

We can only speculate.  Is the noise mechanical, electrical, or?  

Check the inks for proper installation, paper and feeding mechanism.  

Try plugging the printer in to a different poer source.

Again however, we are not there to hear the sound so these are just guesses.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Beachdaughter,

If the printer is making a noise whenever you start a print, it would point to an issue with the hardware or a jam. In this situation, I would suggest remove all of the toner cartridges and checking for any jams/obstructions using the steps in the link provided HERE.

If you did not see any obstructions or if reseating the toner did not resolve the issue, it looks like there is something wrong with the hardware. In this situation, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to help check what is causing that noise.

Announcements