cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Maxify Megatank GX5020 paper jams

Peggy88
Contributor

Last month I purchased the canon maxify megatank Gx5020 printer. I was only able to print once before my troubles began. The printer keeps getting paper jams. I don't overfill the cassette and the paper I use is good quality paper. In the settings I chose the option to clean it didn't help. Also tried to align the printer but it kept jamming.  I'm beyond frustrated that I can't print. I wonder if I just received a defective one. Any tips or tricks would be much appreciated. Thank you!

8 REPLIES 8

dexman335
Rising Star

Do any of the suggestions at the Canon support page help? 🤔

Canon Knowledge Base - Paper Jams - GX5020

I know how to remove the paper jams. My issue is that when I print the paper keeps jamming.

Did a piece of paper originally break somewhere along the track and is stuck, or has paper been jamming up all along?

Either way, if none of the usual fixes work, contact Canon Support. Ultimately the unit may need to be either serviced or replaced.

Peggy88
Contributor

I purchased the canon maxify megatank GX5020 a month ago and I was able to print after I set it up. A couple of days after I set it up I tried to print and the paper jammed.  I have been unable to print due to the printer constantly jamming the paper. I don't overfill the cassette and the paper is the correct size. In the settings I cleaned the printer heads and tried to align it.

I registered my product and created a canon account but when I click on get service and support button it just takes me to a blank white page.The link is on the web address but its just blank and when I refresh nothing happens. I can't seem to find any other way to contact support. I scoured the website. I am beyond frustrated with this printer 😡😩. I want to go all office space on it. Please help me!

This page is a great place to start.  Lots of ways to contact support:

About Consumer Support | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you. That link does not help me because it takes me back to my logging in to my canon account and when I click service and support button the page is just white with the link on top. I would like a phone number or an email address where I can reach them. Canon support page.png

This should work. 🙂

1-800-652-2666

Hello Peggy88,

We would be happy to assist further with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. When the paper jams, do you get any specific errors on your computer or the printer display?
  2. Were you able to contact support at 1-800-652-2666 or did you run into any problems?
Announcements