cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MX920 - No Scan options available on my Canon Quick Menu

heathercanon
Apprentice
I cannot seem to scan from the Canon Quick Menu. Under Print, there are several options/icons to the right (Creative Park Premium, Photo Layout Print, Video Layout Print), but to the right of the Scan icon, there are no options/icons at all. There are also options to the right of the Web Services, Manual & Device Information, and Device Settings & Maintenance icons.

When going to the Preferences (by clicking on the screwdriver wrench symbol in the lower right), there are no options under the 'Select Model' for Scanner, but under the "Printer" drop down, "Canon MX920 series Printer WS" is the default (and only) option.

I am assuming that I need to download some kind of driver for the scanner options to appear on the quick menu. Some of the manuals reference the IJ Utility, but I can't find this under the Canon Utilities Menu either.

The ONLY way I am able to scan by going to Devices > Scanners and Cameras and right clicking on the icon for my scanner, but it would be really nice to be able to have the option from my Shortcut menu.

In searching for drivers on the Canon website, I can't even seem to find my model of printer/scanner. Has anyone else had this problem?

I am on Windows 10, and my printer is connected to the network/my laptop via Wifi. If there is any other information I can provide, let me know what you need. We will continue to use the workaround for the time being.
9 REPLIES 9

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Please try the following to see if we can resolve this issue:

1. From the Start menu, click Settings, Devices, Printers & Scanners.
2. Towards the bottom of the Printers & Scanners area, turn off Let Windows manage my default printer.
3. Once this has been done, reinstall the drivers again.

Once reinstalled, try scanning from the Quick Menu or the IJ Scan Utility program.

You may also have to delete any extra icons of the printer in the Printers & Scanners menu.

If the issue persists, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am uable to scan from Utility but still do not have scan option on Canon Quick Menu. I prefer to have all options on Quick Menu; had scan there at one time but now it is not evident.

Any further recommendation appreciated.

Thank you,

Tom Applegate

Hi tjapplegate,

I would recommend reinstalling the MX920 printer/scanner driver since the scanner is no longer listed in the Quick Menu. Before you reinstall the driver, I recommend removing the current driver from your computer before you reinstall the driver.

If this does not resolve you issue, please let us know if you are using Windows or Mac and if the printer is connected wirelessly or with a usb cord.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Dear Customer Service,

This fix worked perfectly. I unistalled all Canon printer/scan/copy programs and installed MX472 drivers (07/15/15). Tried MX920 drivers but download program could not 'find' my printer.

Thank you for your prompt response and fix, appreciated.

Tom Applegate

Great fix!

sandipme
Apprentice

Please download latest version of scanner driver using google search from canon site and install it. It worked for me.

4NANCANON
Apprentice

I just upgraded from 10.6.8 Snow Leopard to 10.7.5 Lion and could not order a scan from my Mac Book Pro for my Canon MX922.  Going to Image Garden and clicking on SCAN did accomplish the scan; however, sure wanted to use the Canon Quick Menu (Creative Park Premium) software. I eventual accomplish this by the following>

Click on the "Apple" (top left corner of MAC)

Open "System Preferences"

Click On "Sharing" under Internet and Wireless Group

A window opens where you should see your printer listed in the large rectangular white box

Looking at your left box click on "Printer Sharing" and "Scanner Sharing"

This solved the unresponsive, unable to communicate problem I was experiencing

Hope this helps

dandi
Apprentice

This appears to be an endemic problem with Canon Quick Menu; it persists even today with my MG6200.  It doesn't appear that Canon has an effective fix for this, so I would offer the following work-around:

1. Go to Microsoft Store

2. Download free Scan utility

3. Scan

Hylander
Apprentice

Thank you. I too went to the Microsoft store and downloaded the scan option.   I can now once more scan my documents.    You dont know what a relief that is.

Announcements