New Contributor

Canon MF8280CW Error - E744-6000

When I turn on the printer I get the Error Code E744-6000

Canon Printer Error.jpg

looking at the following website:

http://copier-repair-parts.com/2017/05/06/imageclass-mf5950dw-e744-6000/

Solutions :
1. Turn OFF and then ON the main power.
2. Check the connection of the Wireless LAN.
3. Install the set of the controller firmware.
4. Replace the Main Controller PCB.

This error just occurred, I think it may be the PCB.

Is there a Repair Manual to instruct me on how to replace the Main Controller PCB along with a part number?

Product Expert

Re: Canon MF8280CW Error - E744-6000

Hi juliusc2  

The E744-6000 error code means there is an error with the the Wi-Fi module.  If you have not already done so, I recommend you reset your unit using the steps below.  By resetting the printer's power, the print buffer is cleared and certain sensors are reset. 

1.  Turn the printer off with the Power button.

2.  Unplug the printer's power cord for at least ten minutes, and then plug it back in.

Note: If the power cord is plugged into a surge protector, it may be necessary (for testing purposes) to plug the cord directly into the wall outlet if possible.

2.  Turn the printer back on.

3.  Retry the operation.

If the error persists, you have completed all of the steps that could clear the error.  Your unit will require service.

If the issue continues, It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

I realize that this printer is discontinued, but I would like to see if I could repair it.

I attempted your fix some time ago with no success.

I would like to attempt replacing the board.

Could you provide me with the repair manual as well as a part number?

I happen to be an Electrical Engineer and would like to attempt the repair myself. (Assuming I can find the board)

=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--

looking at the following website:

http://copier-repair-parts.com/2017/05/06/imageclass-mf5950dw-e744-6000/

Solutions :
1. Turn OFF and then ON the main power.
2. Check the connection of the Wireless LAN.
3. Install the set of the controller firmware.
4. Replace the Main Controller PCB.

This error just occurred, I think it may be the PCB.

Is there a Repair Manual to instruct me on how to replace the Main Controller PCB along with a part number?

Highlighted
Reputable Contributor

Hi!

We don't recommend do-it-yourself repairs, nor do we have service manuals or instructions available. We'd recommend reaching out to our support team through the previous link to look into your options from here.