cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF731C/733C prints are suddenly smudged and unusable

justs
Apprentice

I recently replaced my toner (was still using the original toner that came with the printer) and everything was fine for a few prints. Suddenly, the prints are coming out badly smudged and streaked. I have been working on fixing this for nearly two months and have tried every onboard fix that I can find including all of the maintenance options (cleaning the Fixing Unit and the Transfer Belt at least a dozen times each.)

I have not tried replacing the brand new toner with a brand newer toner. The idea of spending another $100 just to see if that is the issue is not very palatable and is my last resort. (I'd probably trash the unit and get something new at that point.)

Any ideas that I may not have seen yet?

Photo - Google Photos.jpg

Photo - Google Photos.jpgPhoto - Google Photos.jpg

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Justs,

If the print started to look this way shortly after replacing the toner, it would point to a problem with the toner cartridge. In this situation, I would suggest reseating the toner and shaking the cartridge gently from side to side a few times to make sure the toner is evenly distributed in the cartridge. If that does not resolve the issue and you have already cleaned the ITB and fixing assembly, it looks like there is a problem with the toner. If it is a third party toner cartridge, you can check with the company that made it for any suggestions on resolving the issue. You can use the link HERE to check what service options are available or you can contact support at 1-800-652-2666. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements