cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF726CDW paper jam

yaelkroy
Apprentice

Hello,

I have a problem with MF726FCDW. It always jams paper. No matter what feeder I use. 

The paper passes the roller displayed :

But it seems the next rollers do not pull up it further so paper stucks partially after the roller imaged above. It is near to always and priner is near to be unusable. 

Thank you for any help. 

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

"No matter which feeder I use" ??  The paper passes the the roller displayed.  Which is where?

" It is near to always and priner is near to be unusable. ".  << I'm not sure what this means exactly?

Does it happen on every print, some, but not others?

You appear to have a paper feed issue, regardless of where the paper is fed from and it stops feeding, gets past(?) or hung up on a roller somewhere inside the printer?  But you haven't said where this is..

Have you checked for jams or debris?

How old is the device?  Is it under warranty?  Have you tried calling Canon?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hello,

thank you for your reply. It happens every print. It does not matter if I use drawer 1 tray or multipurpose tray. The printer is 2 years old but it printed only 2000 letter format documents. The paper passes the first roller but stuck before registration. 

I called caon hotline. they told me 'that is a probably registration  sensor needs cleaning'.

From yesterday I managed to find the service manual. I am trying to diagnose it more precisely. There is a sublog from the printer:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jJVPXmxREYa2zhD45_ebeQOCkUCCDpio/view?usp=sharing

Audrey
Enthusiast

Hi,

Please click HERE or the link below to check for paper jam or any debris inside every area of the printer:

Please check for any paper jam or debris inside of the machine. This will include removing and reseating the toner cartridges. Please click HERE or below to view instructions in the manual:

Check for and install any firmware updates online for the printer by clicking HERE.

If paper jams repeatedly:
Tap the paper stack on a flat surface to even the edges of the paper before loading it into the machine.
Try a new pack or different type of laser paper.
Check that the paper is appropriate for the machine.
Check that no jammed paper fragments remain in the machine.

If the issue continues, the printer will require service.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements