cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF632Cdw with MacBook Pro and Create Booklet app - Waiting...and not printing.

JulianJaymes
Apprentice

Hey everyone,

Just got my lovely MF632Cdw a few days ago, have been using it primarily for printing my original comics (in-house/indie publishing is my favorite thing). I mostly print from an app called Create Booklet, from the Mac App Store, but also Photoshop Elements, Pages, Preview, etc. Just the usual low-end Indie Mac-Using Artist softwares. 🙂

I use a MacBook Pro from 2014, running OS X El Capitan. (Maybe I need to update that?)

Here's the issue...I just spent an HOUR coaxing my beloved 632Cdw just to print from Create Booklet. It was printing fine until today. (I got it Wednesday, it's Sunday.) It suddenly decided to just show "Waiting" at the lower left, and the name of the document...but refused to actually print. Waited waited waited. Cancelled print job. Restarted printer. Tried again. Same thing. Turned off printer, unplugged, replugged, turned on, printed again.

It reads "Waiting File Name: Untitled" and just isn't printing. It will print from other software but it's really being fussy right now. I checked the Print Job Log just now and it says for each of the ones that wouldn't print (that I cancelled), "Error #099". Maybe that helps diagnose this.

Anyway, it could very well be a problem with my Create Booklet software, since it seems willing to print from Pages now, but I thought I'd ask before I try to get in touch with the Create Booklet creators. 

If anyone has any diagnostic advice, I'd really, really appreciate it. This is kind of my life and I'd really prefer not to have to go buy a subscription to Creative Cloud or something. Create Booklet was really great with this printer until today. 😞

~Julian

2 REPLIES 2

JulianJaymes
Apprentice

Hey everyone, 

Quick update - I think the software I was using (Create Booklet) was the main issue. I've tested various other software on my computer and my MF632Cdw seems fine with them.

I'm going to try to get in touch with those developers (from Create Booklet) and see what the issue is. If anyone has any tips though, it would be SO appreciated.

Sorry for the bother.

~Julian

I seem to have got it working now - upgraded my OS, restarted the computer, and it seems to work fine now. All is well and I'm back to my mass printings of comics. 🙂

-Julian

click here to view the gallery
Announcements