cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF Scan Utilty Paper Size malfunction Canon imageCLASS MF236n

Rich4
Apprentice

When attempting to set a custom paper size in the Canon MF Scan Utility, it asks for width and height dimensions of between 1.00 and 0.07 inches.  This is a bizarre restriction that did not used to be there.  Previously it allowed dimensions such as 3.5" x 5" which is a common dimension of old photo prints.  I hope Canon will issue a fix, but the most recent update I see is from Jan 2023.

I'm using a Dell desktop PC running Windows 11 and have a Canon imageCLASS MF23bn.

3 REPLIES 3

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Rich4,

The custom paper size window should give you a wider range. I was unable to pull up any documented issues that match the description of your problem. We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance. For a more immediate resolution, you can contact support at 1-800-652-2666.

1. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  2. Which button in the scan utility are you trying to set the custom size for?

Rich4
Apprentice

1.  It was a the current version of Windows 11 at the time I posted the issue

2.  The button was for the size to the photo scan area

I noticed a new version of the scan Utility was released around 5 days after my post.  I just downloaded it and the problem has been resolved!

Rich4
Apprentice

This link should be updated to show the current version

click here to view the gallery
Announcements