cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF Scan Error 9, 230, 0

acaldwell005
Apprentice

The scan utility was working great using the software on the CD I received with my MF244DW.  I threw the CD out when housecleaning because I thought the same drivers were available for download. That was a mistake.

I have tried version 1.5.0.0, 1.7.0.0 and 1.9.0.0 of the MF scan utility and nothing works.  I finally got the printer to work.

I have tried everything - uninstall, reinstall, cycled power on the printer.  When I launch the MF Scan Utility from the Canon directory on the Start menu of my Windows 10 laptop, it tells me that "A scanner driver supporting this software is not installed. Install it and try again".  I think I have spent 4 hours this evening trying to get this to work

HELP!!!

13 REPLIES 13

Nhantumbo
Apprentice
ME TOO I NEED HELP

babla
Apprentice

Cannon is the Worst Product I ever seen ...Scaning seems a rocket science .So Frustrating .

Trying so many times same error "A Scanner driver supporting this software is not installed " .

Tried all option still same .

mf232w
Apprentice

If anyone is still looking into the solution for this problem, I have registered only for this reason.

Cannon supports are too lazy to read their manuals, so they can't really give you the steps to do.

-Remove all canon drivers you have

-Download the latest drivers for your model + scan drivers (scan utility or something like this)

-Install the printer drivers for USB even though you may have wifi printer

-Install the printer drivers for network

-Install the scan drivers

-Now it should be working fine

So you have to install both network and USB drivers (as it says in the developer notes I found in the drivers folder)

It seems like this issue occurs only for the network printer with w in the end

You may encounter Admin privileges issue. You will need to use the very first admin account instead of second admin account.

Hope this helps and I hope the Canon peeps will provide proper instructions next time. Ideally, this should be resolved on the application package level by the dev team.

Thank you for posting the information
Announcements