cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MB5400 series printer: Choses to fax rather than print

elope1107
Apprentice

My printer has been working fine and i havent used it in a bit but now that i have some school documents to print up its been acting up.  Whenever I go to print out a document the usual happens; loading bars and then a printing queue pops up. But the printing queue says that the printer is busy. So, thinking i had a leftover document that was in the queue from a previous print I checked the acutal queue but the only document was the one I was currently "printing". It also did show that it was "printing" in the queue. I then looked over to my printer's screen and it said it was sending a fax. 

Im not sure what might have caused this. This happens for any type of document or picture i try to print. Could it perhaps a new update my laptop has gotten. Im currently running Windows 10 Home Version: 1809

3 REPLIES 3

elope1107
Apprentice
Just an update I ended up removing the printer from my devices , restarted the computer, re-added the printer and now its working again ! It Might've just been some windows update that wasn't recognized by the printer!

elope1107
Apprentice

So, im back, with not so great news. My Canon printer is doing the same thing as before. Every attempt at printing from my laptop results in the printers monitor displaying the words, "sending fax..." , with no end. The printing queue on my laptop also displays that the printer is "performing another action". Which I assume is the fax,but ive never sent a fax on my printer. Is there any way to permanently resolve this ? Is there some kind of reason the action of printing from my laptop seems to trigger the printer to send a ghost fax to nobody? Please send me any suggestions or tips.

Hi elope1107,

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issues. Please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

We look forward to hearing from you

Announcements