cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon ImageClass D1150 will NOT scan

billyEANDC
Apprentice

Hello,

I have a Canon ImageClass printer/scanner/fax. It's been in the office for a couple of years and peformed correctly for the most part until recently. I bought a new computer, which runs on Windows 8 as opposed to the version 7 I used to use. Anyway, I set the printer up to the new computer and had some issues with scanning. I thought maybe it was a compatibility issue but after downloading the MF Toolbox, I was able to scan..for 24 hours until it stopped working. I would open the Toolbox and click scan but then it would freeze. I deleted the Toolbox and attempted to scan the way I normally would on my old computer...open up Devices and Printers, double click the ImageClass icon, click scan now, and then boom, scanned document. It worked again for a little while, but then the scan now icon disappeared. I attempted to change the scan profile but then it froze again. I downloaded the Toolbox again and it worked for another day before doing the same freezing nonsense it had done previously.

Has anyone experienced this issue before that can help me fix it and save my printer from being thrown from a five story building to the death it so deserves? Much appreciated. Thanks. 

1 REPLY 1

Patrice
Whiz

Hi BillyEANDC.

It appears that there may be some sort of conflict with the MF Toolbox.  Please verify that there is no conflict in the TWAIN_32 folder of the computer.  To perform this process, please follow the instructions below:

1.  Open the [File Explorer] window and click [Computer].
2.  Double-click the [C://] drive.
3.  Double-click the [Windows] folder.
4.  Double-click the [TWAIN_32] folder.
5.  Drag all items, except for the D1100 Series and WIA.DS file, to your desktop.
6.  Close the folder.
7.  Restart the computer.

After restarting the computer, please perform a scan again.

I hope this information is helpful to you.  Should the issue persist, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements