cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon IPF760 not working on Mac Os Catalina

ZanderD
Apprentice

My Canon IPF760 does not work on Mac Os Catalina. 

There is no driver available for this OS. I know it's not the newest printer, but it still prints very smooth and sharp. 

I have read a couple of threads about driver problems, but maybe my printer doesn't need a driver to function. 

I resetted my printers and added it again. It automatically suggests IPF760(cups) as software. 

Sometimes i have a 'filter failed' problem and sometimes it says "ready to print", but the printer is queing. 

I do my connection with usb

I have tried to add a software for another printer and then my printer do print, but not what i asked for or the lay-out is messed up. 

I also use windows on bootcamp because sometimes i need to print CAD clear film and it's just a higher resolution i can get with those drivers on windows (2400 dpi) and a lot of other stuff i need. 
But i need to print plain paper and that takes forever on every setting (even on 600 dpi and draft) on windows. So i always used mac for those print jobs. 

I also contacted canon support with my question if there's gonna be a driver update soon, but they answered with a quotation instead of just answering the question. 

Does anyone have some advice that may fix the problem?

kr,

Zander

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Suggest you run the printer on a supported OS (Mojave) until (if / when) a Catalina specific driver is released.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi ZanderD,

We are currently working to update our website with macOS v10.15 compatible drivers and software.  Please continue to check our web site for the availability of these downloads.  They should be available by the end of this month.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Suggest you run the printer on a supported OS (Mojave) until (if / when) a Catalina specific driver is released.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi ZanderD,

We are currently working to update our website with macOS v10.15 compatible drivers and software.  Please continue to check our web site for the availability of these downloads.  They should be available by the end of this month.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you! 

Finally an answer i can live with!

Hello, I have an Imac running Catalina.  I just bought a Canaon MX310.  I plugged in the USB cable connecting the printer and the iMac.  However,, the terminal commands, and the add printer efforts, along with resetting printer setings, as well as the USB drives, the printer remains unrecognized on the iMac.  I downloaded Home Vrew, whihc prompted me to get Gutenprint.  I located the drive via terminal and tried enabling the CUPS interface, however the printer still remained unrecognized.  What can I do to make the mac recognize your printer?  And Has the driver been released as mentioned in this string?  

Please help.  Thank you very miuch.  OS X Catalina 10.15.4

mediajake1,

The MX310 is not compatible with Catalina.  Drivers for this printer are only available for computers that are running OS 10.9 and earlier or Windows 8.1 and earlier.

So i should just throw it in the trash?  I sthere a way to use it with Gutenberg?  

If you've updated to an OS that no longer supports your printer, you'll want to reach out to our Sales Team and ask about Canon Upgrade Program. They'll be able to talk to you about your options about helping you get into a modern printer. Our team is at 1-866-443-8002 Monday - Saturday from 9am to 9pm (ET), and all of our agents are right here in the United States.

shanshan
Apprentice

Hello.

I am using Canon iPF610 and macOS Catalina. Just bought a new Print Head PF-03. Now it's not working.

ERROR: 'Filter' failed.

I downloaded updated firmware and driver. Restarted computer and printer. Still not working.

Please help. Thank you!

Announcements