cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Colar Imagesclass MF8380CDW Part fell out during paper jam removal

Ikemi
Apprentice

Solved

During a paper jam removal, at the place of my employement, another employee accidentally pulled off a bar on the back of the printer. This bar is inside the back pannel after pulling down the piece with the green tabs. I have successfully replace the bar, wich connects to a spring, onto a rod near the bottom. Without the bar in place there is no paper jam, but with it back, the printer detects a paper jam. I'm pretty sure I've got it hooked up in the right area.

My only guess at what is causing this is that the spring needs to be under tention pulling this bar to the top instead of drooping down towords the bottom of the maching. Can anyone confirm this for me. I have been unable to find any information to fix this, and without this printer, well, I won't be payed on time. (It's the pay roll printer.) 

Any help or suggestions to fix this would be appreciated as my boss has asked me to get it working by tomorrow.

*I have solved the problem. My theory proved true and the spring needed to be under tension. I used a piece of sewing string tied to the spring and wrapped around the rod. I then fitted the bar to the rod and used the string to pull the spring around placing it under tention. It was a joyous moment when it actually printed, and means pay day won't be late. Smiley Happy*

2 REPLIES 2

Jason
Whiz

Hi, Ikemi!

Thanks for posting on our forum! As this appears to be a time-sensitive matter, we wanted to mention you also have the option to reach out to our US-based technical support team. While phone support is only available weekdays at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) between 8:00 am to 8:00 pm ET, we also have email support on the weekend at http://bit.ly/CanonEmail. 

This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. We do hope someone is able to assist! If this is an urgent matter, reaching our support team may be a faster option.

Thanks and have a great day!

Thank you I appreciate it, if worse come to worse, when I get another crack at fixing it tomorrow (can't touch it at the moment since I'm off the clock and at home) I'll use the email, but I was hoping of exhausting this option seeing if anyone has recovered from a similar problem.

Announcements