cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon C3170U Scanner

tstorzuk
Apprentice

A little help please,

I recently got a used Canon imageRUNNER C3170U multifunction printer. I have gotten quite a bit of the set-up figured out without any help from a user manual, as it didn't come with one (and there isn't one available online anywhere).

However, I am unable to get the scanner to function. Here are the steps that I am able to perform;

1. switch to the Scan tab

2. press the Online key to use the scanner

That's as far as I can get. The display shows

Waiting...

Press the OFFLINE key to use other functions.

And that's as far as I can get. Without any guidance, I have no idea what the next step should be. So please, all help would be appreciated.

Also, if anyone has a link to a user manual, that would be highly appreciated too.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Samantha,

Thank you for the prompt response.

I'm just so sorry to see that the response is passing the problem to someone else. Another reason I'll never buy another Canon product again. Customer service isn't what it used to be.

I guess I'll not post here anymore, as no Canon technician would know anything about the model of printer I have here in Canada. They're so different from the ones distributed in the USA.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

tstorzuk
Apprentice

So,

It's almost been a week and no one knows how to use the scanner on this multifunction printer, or no one is willing to share their knowledge of how to use it?

Either way, it says volumes about Canon as a company.

Hi!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product seems to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.

The Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

Samantha,

Thank you for the prompt response.

I'm just so sorry to see that the response is passing the problem to someone else. Another reason I'll never buy another Canon product again. Customer service isn't what it used to be.

I guess I'll not post here anymore, as no Canon technician would know anything about the model of printer I have here in Canada. They're so different from the ones distributed in the USA.

Announcements